While developing a software, knowing how to debug the code is the most important part. It helps to solve any bugs in the code easily as well as helps us understand the internals of dependent framework code. It definitely applies to Apache Pig scripting. In this blog i will explain how to Code , Debug & Test Apache Pig Scripts using Eclipse on Windows.
- Install Eclipse Juno or above
- Install m2eclipse plugin
- Install JDK 1.6 or above
- Install Cygwin 1.7.5 or above
- <CYGWIN_HOME>/bin folder is added into PATH environment variable. CYGWIN_HOME is the installation directory of cygwin.
Before you start with following steps, make sure all prerequisites are met.
1. Start Eclipse
2. From Eclipse File menu, create a new project.
4. On New Maven Project screen, click on next button
5. Select “maven-archtype-quicktype”…
View original post 675 more words